Teachers can use any of the free speaking activities in English:
Free Speaking activities in English ideas for teachers, students and learners of English like describing a photo, guessing a photos, interviewing someone and describing someone.
A- Describing a photo:
- Teachers can create their own photos to suit their speaking activities exercises and culture.
- Below there are many photos to choose from to get the students to speak.
- You can print or download this speaking activity for free and use it for your speaking activities in the classroom or at home.
- Speaking activities with photos is one of the best methods to encourage and motivate students to speak in English with fun.
- Just click on the photo below to download or print.
B- Guess the photo
- Students or learners can play “guess the photo”
- Few pictures (thumbnail size) can be put together on a sheet of paper.
- For example nine thumbnails on one sheet.
- Your choice of how many small pictures you want to put.
- One student can pick a large photo out of the nine and describe it to the students.
- The students can guess which picture the student is talking about.
- This is a fun speaking activity and the students really like it.
D- Describing someone
- Choose a famous person, a friend, or a family member.
- Talk about him or her
- What has he or she done in his life or still do?
It is recommended when students do these speaking activities on their own to record their own voice to check the accent, intonations, fluency, pronunciations, etc.
The more you practice speaking in English the better you become.
Do not be afraid to make mistakes just try to speak freely.