How to write a complete sentence in English?
To be able to write a complete sentence in English you need to include the following:
- Subject (Who or what the sentence is about.)
- Predicate (What happened, what/where did he/she/they do? etc.)
- Need to use the correct punctuation (like capital letters, commas, full stops, etc.) Every complete sentence has to start with a capital letter and end with a full stop, question mark, or an exclamation mark.
- A full or complete sentence needs to have a verb, to express an idea in full and to make sense to the reader.
- Reads smoothly.
A complete sentence looks like this:
- My name is Adam.
- I went to see my uncle.
- What is your name?
- Where do you live?
- We are going to the beach.
- We live in Sydney.
When you start writing a complete sentence in English you need to do the following: practice a lot.
- Write a complete sentence about everything you see around you for example, house, car, tree, etc. Keep writing and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Try to write your daily routine in a full sentence in English or your childhood memories. Write about celebrations like Christmas or Eid, or festivals, etc.
- Do not forget that it is not a complete sentence in English if you forget the to add a full stop (period) at the end of your sentence. Also you need the proper punctuation.
It is your turn now. Write a complete sentence in English in the space below:
Writing in English is one skill that needs a lot of practice and hard work to get to the top. A good way to write a complete sentence is to read a book, story, newspaper, or a magazine. Then try to match what you read in your writing. You can start from a very low level of English where the sentences are very basic but they are complete sentences to the more complicated and higher level English.
Start with a complete sentence and then go for more until you can write a paragraph with more than 10 full sentences in English. For example, read a paragraph about Mike and then write the same thing about yourself in complete sentences.
My name is mike. I am from Australia. I am 23 years old. My hobbies are swimming and traveling. I am a student at the university of Tasmania. I study Engineering. I have one sister and one brother. I go to class everyday except for the weekends, I go out with my friends.
Now it is your turn. Write in complete sentences the same as the above but with your name, hobbies, your family in the paragraph in the space below. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________