How to study for IELTS test free?
You can study for the IELTS test free of charge with plenty of practice tests. We will guide you step by step, for all the necessary information you need to know on “how to study for IELTS test free?” And how to take the actual test?
What is the IELTS test?
IELTS Test, exam or certification stands for International English Language Testing System. It comes in two types, general IELTS test and academic IELTS test.
Why take the IELTS test?
IELTS test for academic or general purposes is required for students and learners of English whose native language in not English as detailed below:.
- Academic IELTS test is used for entering colleges or universities overseas or abroad and particularly in the England, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- General IELTS test is used for the immigration process in countries like Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
- IELTS test can also be taken by non native speakers who want to get a scholarship or a job promotion in their own countries.
Where to start before taking the IELTS test?
One important step you need to keep in mind, before you go further in how to study for IELTS test FREE? Is to check your English level before the exam. Students or learners need to make sure, that their English level is good enough to take the free IELTS practice tests, or sit for the exam. They need to understand the following:
What is your English level?
You can test or check your English level at:
ils English Language Training
Your English level needs to be at least pre-intermediate to intermediate to make a good score in the IELTS test .
What to do next?
If your level is good enough to take the IELTS then you can go ahead to the next step.
- You can start by downloading a free IELTS guide from Slide Share.
- Take IELTS with British Council. Free IELTS practice tests.
- Free practice academic and general IELTS tests at IELTS Essentials.
- All you need to prepare for the IELTS exam and it is free at IELTS exam preparation.
- Free IELTS pratice tests at IELTS Official Center.
- Free IELTS practice tests can be found at English Exam.
- IELTS grammar practice tests sample you go to about English as a Second Language.
- IELTS practice tests samples and more can be found at About Education.
These IELTS guides are very good practice and lengthy which need a lot of practice.
Remember that practice makes perfect.
How to study for IELTS test free of charge ?
IELTS test comes in two styles or types:
- Academic IELTS is for academic purposes to get accepted in colleges and universities
- General IELTS is intended for immigration purposes for living in English speaking countries permanently.
Some people might ask, is there a difference on How to study for IELTS test free as general or academic? No matter which IELTS you choose, academic or general, it is necessary to practice all sections in the free IELTS practice tests, or exams before taking the actual exam.
Lets highlight the IELTS test sections:
It consists of :
- Listening, you can practice listening free IELTS practice tests at IELTS Essentials.
- Speaking, practice your speaking section by taking the free IELTS practice tests at IELTS Essentials.
- Reading, you can practice for the reading section of the general test at IELTS Essentials, and the academic reading section at IELTS Essentials.
- Writing, practice the academic part of the IELTS test at IELTS Essentials. and the general part of the test at IELTS Essentials.
To do well in all sections, you need to practice as many paid or free sample practice IELTS tests as you can. So now that you have the free materials from Slide Share and the free IELTS practice tests above you can start doing as many free IELTS practice tests as you can. The more free IELTS practice tests the better you are expected to do in the actual test.
Now that you have reached this section then you are ready for the question “How to study for IELTS test free?”
- Make time to study and practice
- Start with sections that you feel comfortable with,
- For example, you are happy with listening.
- Keep practicing the listening practice section that you like until you master them.
- Move to the sections you have some difficulties and find your weak areas.
- For example, if you are weak in the writing section, then you need to write a lot more and do not be afraid to make mistakes.
- Write easy essays at first and then go up slowly.
- Do not rush or pressure your self but Keep writing.
- First do the IELTS sections individually and separately. For example, Listening section, reading, etc,
- Then move on to do two sections and three at a time.
- After that, you can do the whole test at once.
- Time your self each time you take the exam, and try to do it faster every time, because time is very limited during the exam.
- If your level is not good enough to take the IELTS test then you need to do this:
- Find a good grammar book, it is essential to your question “how to study for IELTS test free”.
- An example of a good grammar book is Essentials Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy.
- Can be found with many other English grammar books on Slide Share, just type in the name of the book.
- Read in English like, magazines, books, stories, newspapers, academic text books, poems, and what ever you like to read but make sure to read it in English.
- For example Headway books series, interchange series or any books similar to these.
- Can be found on Slide Share for a free copy.
- Speak in English with people around you like, your brothers, sisters, friends, family, coworkers, roommates, housemate, classmate, girlfriend, boyfriend, pen pal, colleague, chat room in English, voice chat, or anyway you find it comfortable for you but in English only.
- Record your voice as you speak in English, then repeat it a few times to listen to your mistakes.
- You can use your smart phone for this.
- Start from easy levels and do not be afraid to make mistakes, then move up to the harder levels but step by step.
Interested in how to study for TOEFL test free. Read more.
If you like to buy a hard copy of the IELTS test then we can recommend Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS I.
This book contains four complete practice tests for the Academic module of the International English Language Testing System examination, plus extra Reading and Writing papers for the General Training module. Written by experienced IELTS examiners, one based in Britain and one based in Australia. The Student’s Book contains an introduction to the different modules of the exam together with an explanation of the different IELTS question types and how to approach them. The inclusion of annotated keys and tape scripts for each test makes the book ideal for the purposes of self-study students. The cassettes contain listening material carefully chosen to reflect the reality of the exam in terms of timing, format and the types of speaker and accent used.
We hope that your question on “how to study for IELTS test free” has been answered.
Finally, no matter how you choose to study for the IELTS test it is highly recommended that you take as many free or paid IELTS practice tests as you can to get a better score in the IELTS.